Click on the link below and complete the Alzheimer's Brain Tour:
Alzheimer's Brain Tour
1. What are the three main parts of the brain and what is their function?
2. What do the specific regions of the cortex do?
3. What does the neuron forest refer too?
4. How does Alzheimer's change the whole brain? What happens to the cortex, hippocampus, and ventricles?
5. What are plaques and tangles in the brain?
6. Describe the early, mild to moderate, and late stages of Alzheimer's. Be sure to include what happens during each stage and about how long each one lasts.